Wednesday, February 10, 2010

As always my week starts really slow as I struggle on Mondays .I feel a little lost without a programme and any specific race to train for . Iam getting a little to blase about the Busselton half!

3. blase - nonchalantly unconcerned; "a blase attitude about housecleaning"
unconcerned - lacking in interest or care or feeling; "the average American...is unconcerned that his or her plight is the result of a complex of personal and economic and governmental actions...beyond the normal citizen's comprehension and control"; "blithely unconcerned about his friend's plight"


I skipped swimmimg and feel really guilty as I have really avoided the one aspect of training i should be focussing on. I just have to knuckle down to doing the yards as much as the gains are small but worthy .

Had a bit of a lecture from him today as well and I know he is right .I have 10 and a half months to just get my swimmimg up to a decent level.

I have promised myself I will maintain the swimmimg sessions above all else. I did a 50 minute session on the threadmill with a 30 second fast as I can run x 10 and that was at 15kph on a 1% incline and a minutes rest inbetween with a warm up and cooldown run.I managed to maintain a 90+ spm for the warm up and cooldown and ran at over 96 for the sprints. it seems to be hard but its coming along slowly.

tuesday , 9 February , I did manage to get up early and meet the group at Nedlands .Ross and the others had raced the perth Criterium series , a bunch of triathletes taking on the purist and did vety well.Top 10 placings in all the races , I believe.I would have liked to have watched but time is a factor.

Anyway Tuesdays rides tend to be hard and this one was no different.I started off with James and John and Tenique.It was hard from the start and I was struggling to just hand on and trying my best to take my turn .I lasted a lap before I resigned myself to just hanging on and then taking the odd turn in front . We were averaging the high 30s and it was hard just holding onto the front cyclist . Jason and Stuart were soon in the group and they were just a couple of notches faster than us so the speed just got faster. I recall climbing a slight incline with stuart just easing a way and me huffing and puffing and wheezing myself to death just staying on his back wheel . I was clocking 37kph just before the crest. We finished the hour session and I was dead tired.my legs were history. My speedo showed an average of 35kph that included my lesurely ride out to Nedlands so I would have been averaging alot more than that. It was a good ride and I have to build on that to be able to take my turn in front.

Wednesday , 10 February. Skipped swimming in the morning as I was just too tired. I ran a 50 min leg with 10 x 1 min all out sprints and a 1 minute jog between. It was hard keeping the cadence above 90 in the jog but was easy for the sprints. Spoke to Ross at swimming. Iwas intending on swimming at 6.30 but finished the run late and I was just too tired. I overtrained last uear and it really just doesn't work ...I don't get faster just lots slower.

Had the lecture about swimming . Well there just isn't enough hours in the day.

The only other aspect of the week which was troubling was hearing about Enrico's mishap (http://lead2tri.blogspot.com/ ) with the taxi after a 230km ride.Getting hit by a taxi in Singapore , just really puts everything in perspective.He is Ok but I can't help mulling over how dangerous being on the road can be. My 10 hour ride alone in the hills could have been disastrous .I try and avoid riding at busy times but there are a lot of really irresponsible drivers. Iam just glad he is well. Bikes can be replaced , people can't.It shouldn't stop all of us getting out there .

Finally ,I have attached a really good clip of the Northbridge race in the Perth Criterium 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment