Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Birwood Circuit





Today Like any other Tuesday for the past 2 years ( how time flies when you are under a coach) I get up really early and head to Nedlands to ride with the group.It is a hard session and today it was a 1.5 hr session going really hard .

It was cold and the road was partly wet but otherwise it was good. i rode down from the city to Nedlands .I had little sleep having been at a North Coast Committee meeting and got back at 10 pm .Got ready and packed and then off to bed. But I made it . I started off with Jason , Jamie , Michelle and Teneke .It was reasonably fine in the first lap and took my turn in front .It progressively got harder .By the third lap I was hanging on and took my turn infront less often .By the fourth and fifth lap I was really just hanging on. I did 50km in the session and with my slow ride out to Nedlands averaged 34.3kph . Short of throwing up , I was totally exhausted .

I was going to run in the evening but with the rain decided to skip it. I ran on Monday for 45- 50minutes in the rain and it was pretty gloomy in kings Park.Not alot of people about either.

The week is shaping up to be a hard week

No comments:

Post a Comment