Thursday, June 17, 2010

Brrr...cold

I have started back down the road of training. Not a lot of sleep which is a bad thing but I was just too restless last night. I had less than 5 hours of sleep before I forced myself to get out of my warm bed.

Atleast it wasn't raining. Headed off round the river in the cold. There wasn't too many cyclist about. I wander why? I found it a little hard going but did manage to stay with 5 cyclist riding pass me at Point Preston Road near East Fremantle. They rode all the way back to the city. I then rode home via the gym and did a half hour core workout .All in over 3 1/2 hours .

Last night I skipped the swim and did a run in Kings Park .It was dark by 5.30pm and I was running around the Park in the dark.The run back was through a sandy footpath in the dark and that was quite exciting.I half expected a werewolf or axe murderer to jump out .Made me run a little quicker but it was hard on the sand.Again not too many people about .I saw one other runner.

I am presently 76 kgs with my gear and shoes . I start my training proper in 2 weeks and hopefully the Painathon and City to Surf will prove good markers as to whether Iam heading in the right direction.

Despite the cold start today , I did feel better for it.

Finally , I have decided on my race for mid next year . My credit card is poorer for it but I am still not on the participants list . At least it won't be cold...
just lots of hills.



Picture from competitor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment