Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year

To everyone who has stumbled or followed my blog a very Merry Christmas , may 2011 be a safe ,healthy and wonderful year and all you wish it to be.

2010 has been a quieter year by comparison ,with one IM race , a half ironman and a half marathon race with the painathon . It has been an interesting learning experience.I have had 5 bouts of the flu despite the winter in Perth being the driest for several years. I have done less mileage overall but have had a pretty good IM race at Busselton. It is a journey with finding the Yin and the Yan of training and life in general.. Work has been a lot more eractic and hectic with more responsibilities and work .That overshadows  largely my efficiency in all other aspects o lie and my training .I think I have largely got it right accept that the bouts of flu are an indication that I am so susceptible to getting ill when juggling everything .

The second critical factor is weight.I have lost some but have a little way to go.This is the hardest to master as I am constantly eating at the wrong time and missing meals when I should not.With this comes the habit of eating right .How often is it said that you are what you eat. Its amazing i have managed to complete an Ironman on the stuff I have been eating.

Lastly my running .It has been a lack of  focus and emphasis which I have kept meaning to attend to but is just a lot of effort .I just have to make the effort in 2011 to get more efficient.

If I can make inroads in all 3 aspects and keep my swimming on track , I know I will  be able to improve.

If there was a Santa Claus or St Nick ,that would be my wish list .No need or the training and planning. Just come ready to race with all the attributes built in .Not to be .I have to work at all aspects.But yet again I know where I have started from and where I am going ,it makes it not only a journey but an adventure.

For 2011, I have as my next Goal Ironman Lanzarote 2011 hence my byline changes to " The writings of a triathlete wannabe training for Ironman Lanzarote "

wannabe:A "wannabe" (slang for "want to be") is a person with an ambition to be someone or something that she/he is not. The term is mildly pejorative, intended to convey the foolish nature of the desire due to the incompetence of the "wannabe" to accomplish the goal.
( from wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment