|Lava fields on Lanzarote|
|Finishing Ironman Lanzarote|
I made it home on Saturday evening after an epic flight first to Singapore and then connecting from Singapore to Perth . It was a long flight and great to be home.
I was feeling a little lethargic and tired on Sunday and slept a fair bit. Its always somewhat difficult getting back into the swing of daily life and there is always a slow period of adjustment. I did have the Triathlete Magazine waiting for me at home although I did not put in a recent subscription.
The editorial was on Rest , Rehab and Recovery ...so very apt for me.There are several; pieces in the magazine on recovery by various professionals as well..I haven't read all the articles but Andy Potts had FIVE suggestions:
- Sleep ...a lot of it like 11 hours but even 8 for a triathlete would be a good start.
- Balanced Nutrition. A balanced diet trumps any dietary supplements.
- Fresh running shoes .Change the shoes when the wear is noticeable as it prevents shin splints or worse stress fractures
- Compression gear ...using compression socks when doing a long ride or run but the benefits are wearing them post work-out for recovery,
- Real rest . Real rest takes place when you are not consumed by the exertions of work or the physical toll of training.
It is back to a routine be it a relaxing and easy one. I ran for 30 minutes and swam for 30 minutes. It is the gradual start back to training and my next journey.
I hope to update the donations made soon and again wish to thank all those who have supported EDAC and the cause .