Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Road less travelled

The Road Not Taken by Robert frost 1916

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.


I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

The holidays are over . The 5 weeks of doing mainly nothing are over . It has been a complete rest bar the Inter club race on the 18 December and a short swim and run session with Tri Fam Tri buddies in Singapore.

It was a complete change of routine and I slept lots.

I also put on a lot of weight and Iam about 7kgs more now. But the preparation for the Busselton Half Ironman begins next week with the proper training starting in february.

I believe it was a much needed break after IMWA . I am hoping to be able to refocus and set some achievable goals for the Half.

The priotrity will be to get back to base fitness and drop weight.
The next goal is to get to a level of swimming competence I had pre May last year. that will mean a commitment to swimming for the next 4 months.

Then there will be the meat and potatoes of triathlon , my bike and run . Still alot more work on just getting to a level of consistentcy.

This week I started with a short run and a swim on Wednesday.I was pretty much out of shape and struggled . I did a 6 or 7km run followed by a 2.5km swim session. Today it was my first Yoga class. Again I am more inflexible then flexible but we all have to start somewhere.

I will be more consistent with my eating habits and training for 2012. There doesn't have to be major changes , just minotr but critical changes. I am looking forward to the year and the rides and runs and swim sessions.

Starting the year off , I stumbled on a blog titled Mark and Angel Hack Life with many and varied list of wisdom. One such list is 30 things-to-start-doing-for-yourself .

the website Mark and Angel Hack life


The goals are simple , it is the application and commitment that make this road , a road not often travelled . I hope I don't lose my way  .












No comments:

Post a Comment