Thursday, April 19, 2012

Inappropriate Reading Material



MACCA

I am a tri Junkie. No question . I have books and magazines and printed articles on triathlon. If the test to a fast time  was absorbing the material I would be on the podium . But this is not about reading and studying up for a test. It is about heart , feel and capacity .

Last week I got the latest triathlete magazine.I love the US Triathlete as the articles are way more interesting and the lay out is great.

Macca is a guest writer and his first article was about his relationship with the magazine. It is a great story and I loved it.




In the middle of class one day, Mrs. Mills caught me reading Triathlete magazine. To understand how valuable this magazine was to a triathlete in Australia in the 1980s, you had to live here. It was what we called an “import,” and not many stores in Australia stocked imports. Someone would get his hands on a copy and it would be passed around and cared for like a family heirloom. I got the August 1988 issue of Triathlete through my best friend, Sean Maroney, who had taken it from his older brother that morning.


Macca's Inappropriate reading material

No comments:

Post a Comment