Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Post Ironman Training...Merry Christmas




At the start Metrio Cafe North Perth

Santa Can Ride. Pic by Graham
Coode Street cafe .Pic by Graham

Riding to the next cafe Pic by Graham


Heading back to Metrio thru the City
300 Burpees


The Cross Fit crew

Santa


The first 2 weeks have been pretty easy. A few easy rides and short runs and cross fit . It has been a time to just chill and take stock with a short break.Surprisingly , I have had no issues post Ironman WA . My legs were good after a few days and I went back to cross fit within 4 days . I did find my legs fatigue pretty quickly once I got up to threshold or harder pace even for a short distance and so I just slowed down the pace. I have been swimming in the ocean but have not got back into the pool.

That will be after a short break and holiday and then a stock take of the year and planning for the next. The tough bit is reflecting honestly and distilling the core training that worked and the training that didn't.

Exceed had its carbon free ride on Saturday and I rode my pretty steel fixie. It was hard work riding up hills but great fun with  some Exceeder's on a 4 wheeler with Santa (Jason) riding at the front and a great site on Perth roads on Saturday morning. A great finish to the year .



No comments:

Post a Comment