Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Week 4 & 5 Ironman Training

Saturday's Very Wet Ride

Le Croissant short coffee stop before the 20km ride back home in the rain

Sunday run at Carine


Week 4 , No let up in the training and still about 15 hours of training although I have had to vary a few of the sessions with work and tiredness .

The week began with a good swim workout and a chance to recover from the weekend .I had only an evening swim to contend with on Monday . Did 2.3km with 400 warm up, then 400 with 4x 100 at moderate pace and 60 x 25m at varying levels of exertion .I did not do a cool down as I was pretty tired at the end.

Tuesday I skipped the ride and switched to an ergo session using Road Trainer with 15 mins or 5 x 3mins at 254wattts .Found it to be short but a hard session. Wednesday with work commitments I skipped the run and swim.

Thursday .I rode to cross fit and did a 45 minute session and then rode home. I also ran for 50 minutes in the afternoon with just 10minutes hard and 10 minutes moderate .(did 8.5kms) The ride was on the big chain ring and managed to get a decent work out but never as good as riding in a group. The cross fit session was :
35 squats
25 push press and push ups
20 push press and push ups
15 push press and push ups
10 push press and push ups
5 push press and push ups

followed by 35 squats for time .

Friday .Rode to work and ran in the afternoon and swam again in the evening just a straight 2km swim with a Pull Buoy.

Saturday. I managed to get out of bed .It was raining early morning but stopped. I decided to get to the narrows to ride with the Exceed group heading to the hills . 5 km into the ride the rain came back and I got to the start and fortunately it had stopped. I had a rain jacket a long sleeve cycling Jersey and my Exceed jersey , but it was still pretty cold. It remained reasonably light rain till Roe Highway some 27kms into the ride for me when the rain got heavier. The group started their hard efforts and I got dropped almost immediately .There was no point trying to keep up. The rain was pretty heavy in parts . Ross passed me on the climb up Welshpool Road .Fortunately it wasn't raining then.I passed some riders from Break Your Limits fixing a puncture and the rest of the group were waiting for them at the Petrol station . The 3 riders quickly passed me as I struggled at 10kph up the hill but the legs were not feeling too bad . It was about 2.5 hours into the ride as I headed into Pickering Brook and then I rode the next 25kms round to Bickley and Kalamunda Town . The last climb to Kalamunda was a good gauge of the progress as I had done the ride many times and felt good...just not fast.

Stopped at Le Croissant fro a quick coffee and then the rains came back . Rode down the Zig-Zag and back home through Guildford. I then ran with Molly off the bike , an easy 3.5kms .
In the afternoon cross fit with a 45 minute session . The legs were tired.

Sunday . Skipped riding again and ran at Carine for 75 minutes really easy again 9.5 kms and then swam with Arie giving me some pointers on my body positioning and follow through with the arms . swam 1.5kms

Total:
Bike: 7.5hrs about 180kms
Run: 3.5 hours or 29kms
Swim: 2.5 hrs  or 5.8km
Crossfit : 1.5 hrs
Total: 15 hours

Week 5

Had an easy week with a ride, a swim and just cross fit to try and recover from the sore legs and a bit of fatigue.Did less than 4 hours for the week but think I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment